Medical Photonics / Semester information / Winter term 2022/2023 / 3rd semester / Module S3.06 - Medical Diagnosis and Therapy
Module S3.06 - Medical Diagnosis and Therapy
Prof. Dr. Orlando Guntinas-Lichius
- Department of Otolaryngology: Prof. Dr. Orlando Guntinas-Lichius, PD Dr. Thomas Bitter, Dr. Gerd Fabian Volk, Jonas Prengel, Klara Zimmermann
- Department of Internal Medicine IV (Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Infectiology): Dr. Johannes Stallhofer, Dr. Drilon Haziri
- Department of Dermatology / Wald-Klinikum Gera: PD Dr. Martin Kaatz, Dr. Zieger
- Department of Ophthalmology: Dr. Martin Hammer
- Helios Klinikum Erfurt: Prof. Dr. med. Marcus Blum
Components of the module
- Virtual lectures: Please, follow the links below to view the lectures.
- Exercise questions for self study.
- Seminars: Online seminars/tutorials to discuss remaining questions. Please, follow the links below to participate in the meetings.
- Practical courses: If corona safety regulations allow it, practical courses might be offered. See the table below for details.
Requirements to complete this module
- Self study of the virtual lectures
- Self study of the recommended literature.
- Regular work on the exercises
- Successful participation in the written exam
- Videos of the Lectures and ZOOM-Links can be found in DOSIS (please contact Dr. Babovsky in case you have trouble to access the videos)
- Please inform Dr. Babovsky , if you intend to participate in the module
The course gives an introduction into optical techniques used in medical diagnostics and
therapy. The topics covered in the course are listed below (preliminary).
Requirements to complete the module:
- Written exam at the end of the semester
- Date: tba