Winter term 2022/2023
in the last years the corona virus pandemic affected most of our daily activities including the way we had to organize teaching. Most of the lectures were presented as video lectures or were organized via online meetings. Having effective vaccinations against COVID-19 will allow us now to switch back to more on-site teaching.
Nevertheless, we will have to stick to safety rules for all on-campus events (including lectures, seminars, practical courses or examinations). These rules include:
- A suitable face mask (medical mask or FFP2-mask) must be worn throughout all on-site meetings without any exception. Nose and mouth must be entirely covered by the mask. In lecture halls connected to the University hospital a FFP2 mask must be worn.
- Every student participating in an on-campus event must have been vaccinated, or recovered from COVID-19 or been tested (In Germany this is called the “3-G principle” with the 3 Gs standing for “geimpft/genesen/getestet”). Every student must be able to provide proof that at least one of these creteria is met. Lecturers are advised to check the status at the beginning of each lecture or course.
Students who have not yet been vaccinated are advised to get a vaccination as soon as possible. Currently, there are several options for students to receive a Covid-19 vaccination, regardless of whether they are already registered. Details about vaccination options can be found on the website of the Friedrich-Schiller-University.
Students of the first semester, please, note that although lectures of the winter term 2022/2023 start on October 17th, additional activities are planned for the first two weeks of October:
- On October 4th (10.00 a.m.) an orientation meeting will give you the possibility to get important information about the M.Sc. programme. This meeting will be organized in presence and online via zoom so that students who have not yet arrived in Jena can participate in this meeting. The meeting takes place in the lecture hall in the former Institute of Human Genetics. Details about this meeting can be found here.
- From October 5th till October 14th, precourses in mathematics and chemistry will be offered to "revitalize" your skills in these topics. Please, take advantage of these courses to have a good start of your studies. The knowledge taught in the precourses will be needed to understand the courses taught during the winter term and the following semesters. During the semester there will be little time to fill gaps you might have...
- On October 14th at 15.30 p.m. a meeting one of the student representatives will organize a sightseeing tour during which you will get to know the important sites for the next semester.
- On October 17th (9.30 a.m.) a kick-off meeting will be organized to tackle last minute problems before the semester starts. The meeting takes place in the lecture hall in the former Institute of Human Genetics. Details about this meeting can be found here.
Please, see the website for students of the first semester for more details.
The kick-off meeting for the third semester will take place on October 17th, 8.15 a.m.
Regular lectures will start after the respective kick-off meetings on October 17th.