Winter term 2019/2020 - 3rd semester
Welcome to the M.Sc. Medical Photonics programme for the third semester!
Lectures & exercises
During the third semester the following modules will be offered:
- Block I: Microscopic techniques
- Module S3.01 - Biological Microscopy
- Module S3.02 - Single-molecule Microscopy
- Module S3.03 - Electron Microscopy
- Module S3.04 - Nanooptics
- Block II: Medical applications
- Module S3.06 - Medical Diagnosis and Therapy
- Module S3.08 - Biomaterials
- Module S3.13 - Molecular biology techniques (MOLMED-S.16)
- Module S3.14 - Molecular Pathology (MOLMED-O.4)
- Block III: Spectroscopic/diagnostic applications
- Module S3.09 - Chemometrics
- Module S3.10 - Microspectroscopy
- Module S3.11 - Mass Spectrometry Imaging
- Module S3.12 - Optical Sensors, Microfluidics
- Module P2 - Research Labworks
Please note, that at least 3 specialization modules out of at least 2 different blocks must be chosen.
The modules S3.05 Ophthalmoscopy and S3.07 Theranostics will not be offered during this term. Instead selected courses of the Master programme in Molecular Medicine such as Molecular biology techniques (MOLMED-S.16) and Molecular Pathology (MOLMED-O.4) can be chosen.
The schedule of the third semester (winter term 2019/2020) can be found here. Lectures will start on Monday, October 14th, 2019.
Detailed information about the exams (dates, topics) will be also given in the lectures. A (preliminary) survey of the exam dates is available here.
Kick-off meeting for the third semester
On October 14th, we will organize a small kick-off meeting for the third semester.
Time: October 14th, 8.15 a.m.
Location: Lecture hall “Humangenetik”, Kollegiengasse 10, 07743 Jena.
More information can be found here.