Winter term 2021/2022
in this and the last year the corona virus pandemic affected most of our daily activities including the way we had to organize teaching. Most of the lectures were presented as video lectures or were organized via online meetings. Having effective vaccinations against COVID-19 will allow us now to switch back to more on-site teaching.
Nevertheless, we will have to stick to safety rules for all on-campus events (including lectures, seminars, practical courses or examinations). These rules include:
- A suitable face mask (medical mask or FFP2-mask) must be worn throughout all on-site meetings without any exception. Nose and mouth must be entirely covered by the mask.
- Every student participating in an on-campus event must have been vaccinated, or recovered from COVID-19 or been tested (In Germany this is called the “3-G principle” with the 3 Gs standing for “geimpft/genesen/getestet”). Every student must be able to provide proof that at least one of these creteria is met. Lecturers are advised to check the status at the beginning of each lecture or course. The security service that operates at the University of Jena will carry out random 3-G checks to verify the vaccinated/tested/recovered status.
- In order to keep track of potential contact persons all students participating in an on-site meeting must register via the QRONITON app using the QR code placed at the entry of the respective lecture hall / seminar room. Alternatively the QRONITON website can be used to register.
Students who have not yet been vaccinated are advised to get a vaccination as soon as possible. Currently, there are several options for students to receive a Covid-19 vaccination, regardless of whether they are already registered. Details about vaccination options can be found on the website of the Friedrich-Schiller-University.
Students of the first semester, please, note that although lectures of the winter term 2021/2022 start on October 18th, additional activities are planned for the first two weeks of October:
- On October 4th (10.00 a.m.) a small kick-off meeting will give you the possibility to get important information about the M.Sc. programme. This meeting will be organized online via zoom so that students who have not yet arrived in Jena can participate in this meeting. Details about this meeting can be found here.
- From October 6th till October 15th, precourses in mathematics and chemistry will be offered to "revitalize" your skills in these topics. Please, take advantage of these courses to have a good start of your studies. The knowledge taught in the precourses will be needed to understand the courses taught during the winter term and the following semesters. During the semester there will be little time to fill gaps you might have...
- On October 15th a sightseeing tour will organized by one of the student representatives.
When? Friday, 15.10.2021 at 09:00 am
Where? On the historic courtyard at Kollegiengasse 10
Details about the pre-courses can be found here:
The kick-off meeting for the third semester will take place on October 18th, 8.15 a.m.
Regular lectures will start on October 18th, 10.00 a.m.