FACS / Cell Sorting
The Institute of Immunology provides the possibility to
- analyses of cells by flow cytometry: BD LSR II
- sorting of cells by FACS: BD FACSAria
- sorting of cells using paramagnetic beads: autoMACS
- analyses and illustration of results: FACSDiVa - Workstation
These techniques enable scientists to isolate cells (or other particles) from cell mixtures. Living cells can then be used for continuative studies and cell cultures.
Every first Monday of the month between 10-11 am you can contact us with questions regarding flow cytometry and sorting strategies.
Use of equipment
- sorting and analyses time are Monday through Friday from 8:30-4 pm
- to use the equipment you need to contact our institute personally to discuss the planned
- all equipment will only be handled by staff of the institute
- please use our “Checkliste” when preparing your cells
- please fill out the “Formblatt” if you do a new experiment
- at the moment we can only do work at safety level 2